Ventura Spousal Support Attorney
Spousal Support or Alimony in Divorce Cases
Divorces often leave spouses in a compromised situation, especially if the spouse was not working throughout the course of the marriage. Without much experience in the workplace it is very difficult for an individual to find gainful employment that would generate the income necessary to support the standard of living that individual was used to during marriage.
In order to ease the transition from a divorce, a spouse may seek out spousal support or alimony. If you are going through a divorce and you have legal issues regarding spousal support, it is very important to speak to a Ventura divorce attorney at Negley Law, APC. Our goal is to make sure that your family's future is protected.
Call our office or submit an online form to get your free consultation.
Factors that Determine Spousal Support
There are a number of factors that the court considers when determining the amount of spousal support an individual will have to pay. These factors include:
- The respective earning capacity of each individual
- The marketable skills of the supported party and the market for these skills
- The time it would take to learn marketable skills and the expenses associated with learning
- The length of time the supported party was out of work due to the marriage
- The length of the marriage (if it exceeded 10 years)
- The standard of living established during the marriage
- The assets and debts of both parties
- The hardships faced by each party
Get in Tough with Our Ventura Divorce Firm
When facing divorce it is absolutely essential to have an Ventura family law attorney by your side that has a solid understanding of the laws and circumstances governing spousal support. At Negley Law, our firm focuses exclusively on divorce law. Our specialized knowledge of divorce law and the laws pertaining to spousal support gives us an advantage over other firms who try to take on too many areas of the law at once.
We also only handle cases in Ventura County; we are familiar with the court system and personnel in the area and our professional legal counsel can be of great benefit in any legal issue involving spousal support.
Contact a Ventura spousal support lawyer if you would like legal assistance in negotiating the amount of spousal support or alimony in a divorce.